Projects of the six companies short-listed
- Agrorobotica: A start-up from Scarlino (GR) that deals with precision agriculture and more specifically with the design, production and marketing of innovative systems for monitoring and programming their learning algorithms. The startupper group has staked everything on the creation of “SpyFly”; a revolutionary robotic trap for monitoring parasites. Each SpyFly collects data on the presence of parasites and forwards it to agricultural operators, allowing prompt intervention
- Esperia S.R.L.: A small company in the Arezzo region that has focused on creating an innovative gasification plant, capable of processing heterogeneous biomass with a humidity level of up to 50%. Two by-products are obtained from it: Biochar BioDea, for transforming biomass into synthesis gas (also known as syngas) and energy, and BioDea Organic Wood Distillate; a natural substance rich in acetic acid, polyphenols and tannins, which improves defences of plants and root systems. The Practice embraces aspects of environmental, economic and social sustainability
- Ferrari Farm Società Agricola: Small, next-generation company near Rieti, which carries on the tradition of the Cicolano region through the recovery of an organic vegetable garden and orchard with about 3,500 plants of various native varieties, grown in accordance with tradition. The innovation is achieved by means of a hydroponic cultivation system, unique in Europe, which uses fully computerised hermetically-closed and sterile greenhouses. In particular, many of the technologies used within greenhouses derive from the application of technologies that come from the studies of various research bodies engaged in the development of the so-called "Agri-space"
- Irritec S.p.A.: Large Sicilian corporate group from Messina (Capo d'Orlando), participant of the United Nations Global Compact, which since 1974 has been carrying out high-tech micro irrigation activities for agriculture and gardening, with 11 production and commercial sites and present in over 120 countries. The group presented EXXtreme tape™; a light dripline with the largest filtering surface in the world, designed specifically for "hard water", as it allows irrigation to be carried out with less purified water
- Planet Farms: Milanese start-up, which deals with vertical farming. In particular, the company's project involves the construction of the largest vertical farm in Europe, one of the largest in the world (the plant will extend over an area of over 9,000 square metres) as well as the most advanced in terms of technology and automation. The entire growth process, from sowing to harvesting, is designed to guarantee absolute certainty on the plants’ quality and traceability
- Sfera Agricola: Milanese start-up, dedicated to the production of vegetables. Cultivation cycles take place with biological control means and with water savings of up to 90%. At the contest it presented its own active greenhouse capable of adapting its climate in real time to ensure that the growth of vegetables always takes place in optimal conditions, regardless of external weather conditions